Many of my members asked how to update kaspersky in a computer which is not
connected to internet here is the solution for that you need to download this utility on a flash
Click Here To Download The Update Utility
Save the folder with the utility on the flash-carrier, connect it to the computer with the
Internet connection and run the utility (the Updater.bat file).Once the work of the utility is over, connect the flash-carrier to the computer (without the
Internet connection) with the installed application Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 and
configure the application to update from a folder which contains the databases on the
flash-carrier (the Updates folder).
In future regularly connect the same flash-carrier to any computer with the Internet
connection and download new databases and update your Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
using the flash-carrier.
Step-by-step instructions how to use the utility:
1. Download the required set of the update utility for_KIS_220.127.116.119_463_736.zip.
2. Unpack the downloaded set on another computer which is connected to the Internet or onto a flash-carrier which is connected to the computer with the Internet connection.
3. The first launch of the utility will take some time, as all necessary databases/modules, released so far, are downloaded into the folder of the update utility (the approximate size of updates is about 52 MB). To reduce the size of the downloaded traffic you can copy the databases from the computer with the installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 into the folder of the update utility .
For this before you start the utility the first time, do the following:
In the folder into which the utility has been unpacked, create the Temp folder;
Into the Temp folder copy the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP9\Data\Updater\Temporary Files\temporaryFolder for Windows XP and the folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP9\Data\Updater\Temporary Files for Windows Vista.
If you dont find the folder there click on the top option toolsn and click on folder options and then click on the view tab and check the option show hidden files and folder
Also uncheck the folder hide protected operating system files and click on ok then you will see the application folder
4. From the unpacked folder run the file Updater.bat (double-click the file to run it).
Once the file is started, the following window appears on the screen:
The window shows that the copying process has started (the path to the file Updater.exe, shown in the figure may vary from the path shown in the window on your computer).
5. When the window disappears, in the folder of the update utility open the file iupdater.txt and make sure the file contains the following record (implying successful update):
The actual set of databases and modules is copied into the Updates subfolder of the folder, from which the file Updater.bat has been run.
Information Report of the utility work is written in the report_kis9_459_463_736.txt file. With each utility start the report will be overwritten.
6. Configure update of Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 from the Updates folder, into which the updates have been saved.
Open the application main window
In the right upper corner click the Settings button
Select My Update Center
In the left part of the window in the Update source section click the Settings button
in the Source tab click the Add link
Select the folder into which you have downloaded databases and modules using the update utility(subfolder Updates)
Click the OK button
In the Source tab uncheck Kaspersky Lab's update serevers
Click the OK button
Run the databases and modules update process
Like this article Or Missed any license giveaway as read it late? Subscribe to my Blog via Email so that you wont miss a single post or future giveaways