Mostly all the new computers are coming either with Windows 7 or without any OS.Microsoft already ended the support for many versions of its previous operating systems and many wont be supported after mid of 2014 so after that either its Windows 7 or Windows 8.Its there in the news as well that Windows 8 will give a tough competition ( as its compatible for tablets as well ) to Apple`s iPad whose new version which is iPad 3 is going to launch on next Wednesday.So if you want to explore the upcoming MS product before the final release which may be a bit modified version of this one,you can download it from the below link.
If you would like to download the ISO files for Windows 8 instead of the setup file you may use the below link
The ISO images are available in English,Chinese,French,German & Japanese.The Windows 8 product key for the Consumer Preview version is-" DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J ".Before you go ahead and download it even for virtual installation,dont forget to check the Windows 8 system requirements which are as follows:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
- To use touch, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multitouch
- To access Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
If you are already running Windows 7 on your computer then you can try Windows 8 as well because MS cleary says that Windows 8 Consumer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7 else you know the recommended hardware configuration as shown above.Do share your views after installing this operating system from Microsoft.