Secunia is a good software that I covered few years back to patch the security of your computer, however it relies heavily on IE for its settings and other work. As you all know, everyone doesn't use IE specially people like me aren't aware of much settings in IE, now. So, there is another software from Kaspersky which can be used for the purpose.
Kaspersky Software Updater, which is in beta as of now would help you in closing the security software breaches. You don't have to do much with this software apart from few clicks.
1) Please download the software from the below link:
2) Then it will show you the list of updates
3) Select the listed products and then click on update selected button as shown below:
4) It will start the installation process
5) The task would fail if the internet gets disconnected. Once again click on the button to resume the process
6) Once completed, you can run the scan again to cross check the things
7) It will scan the computer again though you can stop it anytime
8) Kaspersky Software updater will confirm that everything is up to date and nothing needs to be done, as of now.
You can run the software in short internals of say one week or one month to update the software in your computer. Updated software are part of security as it fixes the bugs and loop holes providing you the enhanced features in new release.